Thursday, March 28, 2013
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Friday, March 22, 2013
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Resident Evil: Revelations HD Wii U exclusive features!
- Miiverse integration
- The ability to post “game over” messages for others to see. Frustrated because the same baddies keep doing you in? Vent your frustration (with manners!) by posting a message to your friends. Or post a tip if you think you found a useful way to handle the situation.
- The “Creature’s Voice” feature, which lets you type greetings, warnings or other such communication through the monsters themselves. Obviously this can get a bit silly, but it’s a strange bit of fun (and of course horror purists can opt out of this wall-breaking feature).
Monday, March 18, 2013
Capcom producer, Takenaka, shared a few details about the Wii U version of Resident Evil: Revelations in a recent article:
- The graphics engine was written specifically for the Nintendo Wii U. They did this in order to make the game “fit the hardware”.
- All of the lighting effects and filters have been rebuilt from the ground up, which improves the general quality of the environments.
- Takenaka-san boasted that there are definitely features in the Nintendo Wii U version that are not found on other consoles.
- For instance, the map and inventory is displayed on the GamePad, not the TV. Because of this, there is no need to pause the game to interact with either.
- ‘Off TV Play’ has been confirmed - Allows players to continue playing the game on the GamePad, whenever someone else uses the TV.
- Includes Pro Controller compatibility for those that want to play “old school”.
“With the 3DS game we were able to use the hardware to create a great sense of immersion and atmosphere,” Takenaka-san tells us. “However, we heard from a lot of players who said they wanted to be able to play the game on a big TV screen. We decided to respond to that demand.”
So it seems that from the very start, a portable port wasn’t in the cards. However, with the recent Vita price cut that allowed the system to return to prominence in the Japanese market, the possibility of such a port is not too far-fetched.
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Thursday, March 14, 2013
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
Monday, March 11, 2013
Thursday, March 7, 2013